Journal of the Patent & Trademark Office Society
A bright idea burning for over ninety years, the Journal of the Patent and Trademark Office Society is the oldest, publishing intellectual property law journal in America.
A medium of expression for the exchange of thought in the field of Patents, Trademarks and Copyrights; a forum for the presentation and discussion of legal and technical subjects relating to the useful arts; a periodical for the dissemination of knowledge of the functional attributes of the patent, trademark, and copyright laws, in order to effect a more uniform practice thereof and through which all interested in the development and appreciation thereof may work to a common end.
Visit us on Facebook to see the latest news and information:
In This Issue
- Kappos v. Hyatt and the Endangered Right of de novo Judicial Review of Administrative-Agency Decisions in the Wake of the America Invents Act — Charles E. Miller
- A Critique Of Recent Opinions In Patent Interferences — Charles L. Gholz
- Deficiencies in the Decision and USPTO Application of Mayo Collaborative Services, dba Mayo Medical Laboratories, et al. v. Prometheus Laboratories, Inc. — Mark A. Litman
- Who’s In Charge: An Analysis of BPAI Decisions Regarding Section 101 Patentability In light of Bilski and Mayo — J. Taylor Gooch
- Exploring the Patent Surge: Increased Incentives or Multiplying Motives? — Keith Bentele and Alexander Ibsen
Two articles in Volume 93, Issue 4 outline the new U.S. Patent Reform Act of 2011. See our Issue 4 Sampler http://www.jptos.org/uploads/JPTOS_Vol93_No4_Sampler.pdf for more details on the AIA.
Chief Judge Paul Michel of the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit recently addressed the examiners of the USPTO on what he sees as a threat to American economic security.
Looking for a Membership? See our Membership page for details on the various types of Memberships.
All Memberships with the Patent and Trademark Office Society (Society) include a Member's Subscription to the Journal of the Patent & Trademark Office Society (JPTOS).
But, did you know that it also entitles you to participate any of the Society’s social and educational events - sometimes at no or reduced cost to you? Information regarding these events can be found on the PTOS web page, www.ptos.org, or on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Patent-and-Trademark-Office-Society.
If you have any questions regarding any of our Society Memberships, feel free to contact Seahvosh Nikmanesh at email@example.com.
Seahvosh Nikmanesh, Executive Director (JPTOS)